Thursday 17 May 2012

Generation One - Chapter Four


I started my morning like I started any other morning.

"Good morning, beautiful!" I said as I looked into my mirror.

"Good morning, you sexy bitch!" I swear, those voices did not know the meaning of being polite. At least I had some self-respect, unlike them!


I had fallen into a nice routine by that point. Wake up, have breakfast, go to work - same thing every day.

Annoyingly, even though I had been promoted by now, my work clothes still looked awful.


At least my work was appreciated. I had done some additional small jobs for Rhoda, and had earned myself a nice bonus that way. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw my bonus was "Slip and Slide!!" (although I'm not sure why, must have been some repressed childhood memory), so I went out and bought one.


Luckily, it was the slightly warmer part of the year in Riverview, and I could actually use it. It was great fun, a bonus very well spent! I spent several hours a day slipping and sliding on it, and while I did take a couple of bruises away from it I also throughly enjoyed it.


I thought that others should enjoy it as much as I did, so I organised a quick party for the next day. I didn't have any time before work, so it had to start pretty late. Of course it didn't help that Rhoda and Odin worked late as well, but they all agreed and said they'd make it. I had also invited Don along. The more the merrier, right?


Now, I really wanted this party to be awesome, so I bought a radio. Maybe some dancing would relax them both enough for me to finally find out a few things about them? Surely not even Rhoda could hide who she really was underneath all that make-up forever!


Pleased with my purchase I went back outside to slip and slide a little more. When I eventually got too tired I made my way back inside, but stopped on the way. The most perfect idea had just crossed my mind.

I kicked over my own bin - and felt rather pleased with myself.

That'll show those stupid, disrespectful voices!


As it turned out, the crime gang was definitely not a family in this place! That very same night one of my own freaking co workers broke into MY house, and stole my washing machine! Yes, my wet clothes were still inside. No idea how that bitch/bastard was able to carry that thing, since the wet clothes would have weighed it down a lot, but when I woke up in the morning it was gone.

No honor amongst thieves my ass!


At least she hadn't stolen my slip and slide or radio, because when my three guests showed up, they had brought some plus ones. No one I knew, so I wasn't going to bother impressing them. If they were anyone important, I'd know.


Don was the first one to notice my toy of unlimited wet and splashy fun, and immediately dashed towards it. It only took a few seconds before everyone else had followed him, and we were having a good time laughing and getting bruised.

Unfortunately, no one stayed very long. I suspected the reason for that to be the late time, since it was already dark when everyone arrived.

I quickly made arrangements with Rhoda, Odin and Don to come over again the next morning, hoping to have some more time then.


Fortunately, my cooking was coming along nicely. The only thing they'd be smelling this time would be the delicious smell of fresh, hot waffles. And syrup.


Things did start off very well! We were all standing together having a group conversation, in which I still didn't learn anything much about them however. Rhoda was still trying to keep her secrets and everything else to herself, Odin was hard to impress no matter what I said, and Don kept staring at my boobs.

Other than that it wasn't going too badly.


Until Rhoda started shouting at me. Again. I'm not really sure what it was about that time, either, but I didn't think it mattered. I had come to the conclusion that my boss was simply a very aggressive person who shouted at me (and probably others) for the sake of shouting at me.

Understandably, my guests were a little intimidated by her, and everyone left soon after her tantrum.


It was also not long after they had left that I received a phone call from the Stadium - offering me a job as an athlete.

The memory of my boss's anger managment issues still fresh in my head made this an easy decision.

I accepted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishes fulfilled

Kate: Talk to self
         Buy a Slip and Slide
         Use Slip and Slide
         Buy Something worth at least S250 (radio)
         Prepare a meal
         Clean Toilet

No comments:

Post a Comment