Friday 1 June 2012

Generation One - Chapter Twelve


Over the next few weeks, I continued seeing Tyson, Don and Max. But then one day, things started to fall apart. Don had found out about me and Max. And Tyson. And he wasn't willing to share me with so many guys, so he broke up with me.

I wasn't too upset about it, since I did have the others, but I was working out more than before which meant that my body was constantly hurting. I always felt bruised, and was beginning to wonder if it was karma's way of punishing me. The pain didn't really bother me, though. It was annoying, but it was a small price to pay for my good looks and body, and I was more than willing to pay it in full.


I had tried apologising to Don a few times. However, every time I had invited him around he stared at my porch for a few seconds before turning around again and driving off. In a way that hurt more than his break up, since I did want to be friends with him. He was a good guy, and I was beginning to miss him.


To take my mind of Don, I invited over an old co worker of mine. Angel had retired not too long ago, and I had always had an eye on him when we were still working together. He had made no secret that he had wanted me, too, but I had been too busy with other men.

Now, finally, I had some time to spare.


Things went well because of our history, and it didn't take long until we were laying on my bed. He was great, and I had fun with him (LTW achieved!), but as soon as he left I felt weird. Different.


I was still missing Don, and I actually really liked Max. I made a mental note to ask Max out on a date the next day, since it was already getting late and dark. Maybe only being with one guy wouldn't be so bad?

I called a taxi and gave the driver Don's address. I was hoping that, if I didn't phone him first to see if he was free, he wouldn't ask me to stay away. He would invite me inside, and everything would be alright between us. That's how it worked out in my mind, anyway.


It was already gone nine when I arrived at his place. It looked dark from the outside, with no lights shining out, so I was hoping that he'd still be awake, or home at least.

Carefully, I rang his door bell, and waited.


Don opened only a few seconds later, and looked surprised to see me."Kate? I didn't expect to see you..." Because it was dark I couldn't make out his face, but I could hear that he was hurt.

"I'm sorry I'm over this late, I hope I'm not interrupting anything?" I had moved on without a problem, maybe he had, too?

"Wha- No! No, you haven't. Why are you here?"

"I wanted to talk." He appeared to be thinking about it for a few seconds, but eventually he nodded.

"Fine. Come in." I followed him, thankful that no one else was there.


"So, what do you want to talk about?" Now that I could see his face I almost wished that I couldn't. Boy, he sure looked sad, too! He put on a smile, but it was obvious that it was fake.

Oh boy, I really had hurt him. Who'd have thought it was possible? His reputation wasn't that much better than mine, after all.

"I'm sorry I hurt you. I didn't think you'd take it so badly, Don, from what I heard you've been with more women that I've been with men. I didn't mean to-" I wasn't really sure what to say. My excuse had already been bad enough, so I was probably only making things worse.


"I have, but I wasn't with anyone else while we were together. You're right, though, I guess I was just surprised to find out. But that doesn't mean we're back together! It's over between us, Kate."

"I know, and I understand. I just want to be friends now, if you'll still have me." It was true, too. He had been amazing in bed, and everywhere else, but I didn't fancy him in that way any more. He was still hot, but I really just wanted to be friends. I actually really had hurt him, and I didn't want Max to look as hurt as Don had looked that night. Somehow, I really liked Max. Something about him was special.


"I'd like that." He pulled me into a hug, and I gladly hugged him back. I knew I had been lucky that Don was so understanding. Any other man would probably have stayed as far away from me as possible, but Don understood because, really, he was not much better than me.


For the rest of the night we simply talked, and even had a pillow fight. We completely forgot the time, so by the time I left it was already gone two. It was almost half three when I eventually got home, and even though I was exhausted I didn't mind.

Don and I were friends again, and it felt good to have him back.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishes Fulfilled

Kate: LTW achieved!!
          Become friends with Angel
          Become friends with Don
          Talk to Someone
          Pillow fight with Don

No comments:

Post a Comment