Monday 11 June 2012

Generation Two - Chapter Two


Daddy had been angry a lot lately. Mommy had a friend of hers over a lot, and I thought he was the reason. I never really caught his name until later on, 'cause he always left when Caelan and I came home from school. Mommy always seemed happier when he was around, so I didn't mind.

I didn't realise that somethin' was wrong until a few weeks later. Cae and I were doing our homework, and he was being so annoying, so I couldn't concentrate. I heard somethin' from Mommy's and Daddy's room, so I went to look.


Momma was sitting on her bed, and that man was there. He was wearing underwear and was standing next to their bed. Somethin' was wrong, but I wasn't sure what.

"Mommy? Why's he in yours and Daddy's room?" Me and my brother weren't usually allowed in there, so I wasn't sure why he was in there. I wouldn't have gone lookin' either, but I had a bad feeling.

"It's alright, sweetheart. Have you and Caelan finished your homework?"

"No."

"Finish your homework, you two. I'll be out in a minute."


Caelan looked at me when I came back out. Momma had asked me to close the door, so I did.

"So?" He asked me, but I didn't know what to tell him.

"So what? Are you done?" I always finished my homework much faster than him, even if I took breaks, so it was a stupid question, but I didn't know what else to say to him.

"No. Can you help me?" I sighed, but I kinda wanted to take my mind off what was going on in Mommy's room, so I helped him.

Half an hour later, much later than Mommy had said, Mommy came out, and this man followed her. He hugged her and left, and 'cause I had just finished my homework I got up.


"Mommy? Why was that man over?"

"He's an old, and very good, friend of mine, sweetheart. We've known each other for a long time."

"U-huh. So why was he over?"

"We wanted to catch up, darling. When you're old enough you'll have friend who you won't have seen in years, then you'll understand." I had a feeling there was more to it than this, but didn't know what.

A hour later Daddy came home, and h looked angry again.


Caelan and I were playing, but when I heard him shout I wanted to see why.

"Is it true?"

"Is what t-true, d-dear?" Mum stammered. Daddy sure looked intimidatin'!

"Was he here?"

"I d-don't know what you mean. Why don't you calm down and have some dinner, I-"

"Did you fuck him?"

"Max! For god's sake, your daughter is right there! Watch what you're saying!" Mommy seemed angry, too, but I wasn't sure why again. I knew the f-word was bad, but I heard it everyday at school.

"Is that a yes?" Daddy didn't shout, not really, but he was talking really loud. I could tell he wanted to shout.


"No, I-"

"Don't lie to me, Kate! Tell me!"

Momma went silent. I was a little scared that Daddy would hit her, 'though he had never hit her or us before,  and Mommy was scared of that, too, I thought. She looked scared.

"I don't know what came over me, Max, I'm sorry, I-"

"You did? I can't believe I was so stupid to believe you'd change for me! Old habits die hard, huh, Kate!"

"Max, please, not in front of the-"

"SHUT UP!" He shouted. Daddy was breathing hard, a few seconds passed before he spoke again. "I'm leaving. And I want a divorce. Don't you dare contact me, Catherine. This is over."


Suddenly I realised what was going on. Daddy was leaving us, because Mommy had touched that other man. He wanted a divorce. That meant he was never going to come back, and he and Mommy would be fighting over money, and us.

Daddy phoned someone, told them he was coming home, and left.


And I wished I hadn't seen any of that. Next time there'd be shouting and angry voices, I thought, I'd stay in my room with Caelan.

A week went by, and we didn't see Daddy once. It was time for our birthdays in a few days, and I knew Mommy had invited our friends, but not Daddy. I wanted him to come, but I didn't want them to shout again, so I didn't say anything.


One day at school, during show and tell, Connor told us about something, and I noticed this toy horsy in his backpack. It was really cute, so I took it. What kind of boy was playing with toy horses anyway? He didn't need it, it'd be better off with me. I really liked him, I brushed his fur with my brush, and I called him Cuddles.


Almost everyday after school in that week, Momma was on the phone when we came home. She was laughing and seemed happy, so I guessed she wasn't talking to Daddy. I had a feeling she was talking to that other guy, and that made me sad.


I had been looking forward to our birthdays, but it was weird without Daddy. Danielle and Leon made it, it was only a small party, but that was okay. It wasn't the same without Daddy anyway.


A week or so after our birthday's we moved. I guessed Mom had just needed to leave, and I couldn't say that I didn't like our new place. We were in the middle of freakin' nowhere. There was no other house anywhere near ours, it was really quiet and beautiful. We were surrounded by nature, and I loved it.


But the best part? I finally had my own room!

Jeez, guys, sometimes this game really does surprise me oO Wow, kate, just wow oO 
Ebony's new trait is Light Sleeper, and Caelan's new trait is Eco Friendly :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra pics of the new 
(unfinished) house

Kitchen, dining room, and new home to Ted the Minnow! Also it's the entrance including the stairs


Badly taken picture of the new living room -.- This sofa has to go..

Living room from a different angle

New office! Also includes the treadmill, you can kinda see it in the bottom left corner

Kate's new room, with a lovely view over Riverview

Ebony's new room...

... and Caelan's new room

House from the front...

... and house from the back. I'll probably add a porch eventually. It's on the biggest lot type, so there's plenty of room for some lovely gardening :)

Overview first floor - four bedrooms, one bathroom, long corridor

Overview ground floor - front porch, driveway, kitchen/dining room/entrance, bathroom, living room, office

And to finish off, take a look at this lovely view from their front porch! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishes Fulfilled

Visit the Park
Talk to Catherine
Steal Something
Go fishing

2 comments:

  1. Where can you get the cute horse? Am I blind and I missed it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cute horse was one of the many cute decorations that came with Generations :) If you can't find it in the inventory, I guess robbing some boy does it, too oO

      Delete