Tuesday 31 July 2012

Generation Two - Chapter Thirteen


It was a hot summer that year. We desperately wanted to buy an air con, but we were lacking the money. We also really wanted a pool, but, again, no money. Instead, our slip and slide got a lot of attention. It wasn't perfect, but it helped us cool down at least a little.

I did most of my gardening in my bikini. It was oddly refreshing, and I was grateful for every little breeze and every little bit of water that accidentally hit my feet as I watered my plants.


Leon and I missed China, but we knew we couldn't take time off work again so soon, and we would probably have invested the money into a small pool anyway, had we had any. Most days we were both busy with work. I had to practice and stay fit, whereas Leon loved his job and hated to miss just one renovation. A lot of people wanted to get things done, and Leon tried his best to take every single job. I often worried that he was over-worked, but he seemed to be in his element.

For that reason, I was surprised when he invited me out in the middle of the week. "Good morning, beautiful. What are you doing this Thursday?"

I giggled, because I knew that he already knew the answer. "Nothing, why?" Thursday was the only day during the week that I wasn't working. I practised four days every week, and had a match on two others, including Sunday's. Thursday really was my only day to breath.

"Would you like to go out with me, maybe?" He acted all shy, which was really cute.

"That sounds nice. What did you have in mind?"

"You'll see..." I didn't mind surprises, but I didn't mind knowing what was going on, either. They were fine for small things, like a bouquet of flowers, or a spontaneous back rub, but going out and not knowing where we were headed? It made me feel a little bit nervous. I trusted Leon, though, so I decided to put it out of my mind until Thursday.


We took things slowly Thursday morning. I was in no rush to finish my breakfast, but deep down I also wanted to know where we were going to go.

I had also had an idea myself, and had been wondering all week whether we could add it to his plans. "Leon, I was wondering..." I started, hoping that we could fit it in. "There's this bistro in town, I think it has a pretty good reputation. Do you think we could try it?" I had been wanting to try it for months, but today seemed like the perfect day for it.

"Sure, that sounds good! It's perfect, actually, I wasn't sure what to do for lunch." I was getting excited knowing that, and we left immediately after breakfast. Leon was driving, since I still didn't know where we were going.


The suspense was nearly unbearable, and it felt like we had been driving for hours when we eventually pulled up in a parking lot. I didn't really know this city too well yet, since all I did was work, so small hidden spots like this park had gone unnoticed by me.

It was on the other side of town, nestled against the hills, and surrounded in greenery. That such beauty could exist in a city as big as Brooklyn Hights amazed me. Birds were singing, and a few children were playing in the playground area. The only building had no doors, or windows. Instead, gaps had been left in the half-walls to be used as entrances and exits, and the half-walls worked well as windows. It was a beautiful, open park in the middle of a huge city.


It was slightly cooler in the building, where the air con provided some much appreciated cold air. Leon and I quickly sat down at one of the few chess tables, and began playing. It wasn't the same as it had been in the Scholar's Garden, but it was nice in it's own way.

"What do you think, so far? Are you having a nice day?" he asked me after we had been playing for half an hour.

"I am, thank you. This place is lovely."

"I'm glad you think so. We can go for lunc- Wait, is this-?" He stared at a very specific spot behind me, so I turned around to see what he was seeing.

Back in Riverview, we had only ever heard stories. Or at least, I had never met any vampires myself there. There had been rumours that they existed in and preferred bigger cities, but of course we had never paid much attention to it. After all, they were only rumours! Stories of blood sucking monsters to scare children into behaving. But the second I laid eyes on her there was no doubt in my mind. Oddly pale skin, glowing eyes, a strange elegance to her every move - what else could she be?

"Hang on, I'll go over and say hello!"

"Are you insane? What if she attacks you?"

"I don't think she will - look, she's not alone. There are humans with her, they're fine." It felt really odd saying humans like we were some other species. Then again, we were, weren't we? I got up and went over to her before Leon could protest.


"Excuse me?" I said cautiously, thinking over my next words very carefully. What would she be like? She couldn't be... mean, or evil, could she? Why was she out in daylight? According to the rumours, she should have burned to a crisp by now.

"Yes?" she answered, her voice sounding like the most beautiful melody. It was oddly inhumane, but so much like mine at the same time.

"Erm... Me and my boyfriend are new here, and we're wondering how to get to the beach from here?" I hoped that this wasn't an insincere question. Did vampires go to the beach?

"Of course, no problem!" She sounded so friendly as she explained to me the best and fastest way to the beach, that I nearly didn't notice her fangs. But I did. She wasn't exactly trying to hide them, so it was hard not to notice them, but I tried my best not to stare. After a few minutes of talking I excused myself and went back to Leon. She had introduced herself as Darlene Libby to me, and had even given me her number.


We went to the bistro next, chatting about Darlene on the way. She had been so much nicer than I had imagined vampires to be. Maybe she was only an exception? Maybe most of them were as friendly as her?

It was so interesting to talk about her, that we didn't stop until we were seated and had to order. The food was incredible, and so much better than it had been in Riverview! The restaurant there had been good, but compared to this it had been nothing. Leon kept making sure that I had everything I needed and that I was happy, and agreed to watch a film with me at the cinema afterwards.

It was already gone 8pm, so the only films left were a movie for kids and an action film with some romance mixed in. Neither of us were childish, so we decided on the latter.

By the time we made it back home it was completely dark outside, and the stars were out. It was just past eleven, but I wasn't feeling tired.


"Did you have a nice day?" Leon asked before we went inside.

"I did, today has been fantastic! How about you?" Just like he had done in the morning, he smiled sheepishly at me and it made me feel dizzy. It was almost like we were teenagers again, and he was bringing me home from our first date.

"I did, too. There's one thing, though, that could make today even better."

"Oh? And what's that?"


He pulled me into his arms, and kissed me. At first we were only kissing like we usually were, but after only a few seconds I wanted more. I could feel that he did, too, and my breathing became faster.

I wanted to tell him that I was ready, but it was so hard somehow! Why was it so difficult for me to tell my boyfriend of so many years that I wanted sex with him?

We stood there for I didn't know how long, doing nothing but kissing and hugging. His breathing had become faster, too, and I thought I even heard him moan a couple of times. I had never wanted him as much as I did in that moment, and hated myself for making things so difficult for us.


Too soon, his lips left mine. I wanted to protest, but he held me firmly in place as he brought his lips closer to my ear.

"Sleep with me." I wasn't sure how to react. Or I was, but my body wouldn't reply. My lips wouldn't form the words that I wanted to say.

Instead, I simply nodded.


He swept me up into his arms, and carried me inside. It was the first time he carried me anywhere, but the timing couldn't have been more perfect. My legs felt too weak to walk on their own, and my arms were too weak to protest against his.

I hoped that Caelan wasn't up any more, but didn't want to check. He was old enough to look after himself, I didn't need to warn him or anything.

I was't sure how he did it, but Leon opened and closed the front door effortlessly, and then did the same with our bedroom door which he kicked shut.


Everything happened in a flash after that. His hands found their way around easily even though his eyes were shut the entire time, and somehow he managed to undress me without needing to see. I had never wanted anything or anyone so badly in my entire life, and was silently pleading with him to stop the foreplay and throw me on the bed.

He was rough, but he was careful, too. There were moments where I didn't want him to be, but I knew he was only doing it because he loved me, so I didn't say anything. I expected the only reason he was rough at all at times was because he had waited so long, which had been entirely my doing. Again, I didn't complain and just enjoyed how his body felt against mine.


He didn't throw me on the bed, but he laid me down on the sheets, carefully joining me.

"Are you sure you want this?" he whispered, but he sounded so breathless that I nearly didn't understand him. "We can stop if-" I shut him up by shaking my head.

"No, I want this." A smile spread across his lips, and he nodded.

After two hours, we eventually broke down exhausted. The first time hadn't last very long, due to it being his first time, too, but the second, and third, time lasted much longer. I wasn't sure how we lasted as long as we did, but it was the best night of my life.

How I had ever waited this long was beyond me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishes fulfilled:

Garden
Fertilize Plants
Learn Charisma Skill
Meet a vampire
Use Charming Introduction
See a movie
Eat at Bistro
Woohoo with Ebony (FINALLY! THANK YOU, LEON!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Ah - finally!! :) It seemed liked these two would never get down to business. I hope there are babies in their future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they sure took their time!!
      I hope so, too :/ I'd hate to make it happen again, but if they don't roll the wish soon it'll happen anyway :/

      Delete