Monday 13 August 2012

Generation Two - Chapter Fifteen

BG2C15P1

The first thing that had come to my mind after Leon had proposed to me was I want a bachelorette party, so here we were! Everything had been off to a good start. I had rang up some friends, had chosen the Brightmore club for my party, and had waited it out while the months crept by.

I had invited Danielle, but she wasn't able to make it. Work commitments were keeping her in Riverview, which was fair enough, but I had been dying to see her. Mariah made it, but left again after having taken a good but short look at the club, so it ended up being just me and Tess, my sister-in-law-to-be.

BG2C15P2

I was a little upset at the lack of interest, so I hit the bar. I had never been much for juice, but that night it tasted amazing. We didn't need the others to have fun! Me and Tess were going to have a brilliant night on our own!

Tess had taken a strong interest in the hot tub, while I wanted to dance. Since Mariah hadn't stayed long I asked Tess to make a toast for me, which she declined because she didn't think that she knew me enough. So that hadn't gone well.

BG2C15P3

I had another drink to cheer myself up, and ended up buying the whole bottle of nectar. By that point I was a little juiced, and spraying Tess with it seemed like a good idea.

"TESS!" I screamed, getting her to turn around so I could empty the bottle right into her face.

"N-HAHAHAHA!" The beginning of her protest was quickly silenced by the fizzy nectar. I wasn't even sure what it was by that point, just that it tasted good and that it made Tess smell like strawberries.

BG2C15P4

I somehow woke up in my bed the next morning, but couldn't quite remember how I had gotten there. All I remembered was hysterical laughter and a taxi, and slumping down into my soft bed. Leon and I had decided to have one day between my party and the wedding, and even though I had protested at first I was grateful now. My whole body was hurting, so I spent my day relaxing.

In the evening, I had a sudden urge to use our telescope. My nerves were dancing samba in my head, and searching for new planets seemed like a good way of stopping the madness. I wasn't very successful with my search, but it did make me feel tired. Against my expectations, I was able to fall asleep the night before my wedding.

BGC15P5

Also surprising was when I was feeling very calm in the morning. For a moment I was wishing that Mum could have been there, helping me get ready and holding my hand, telling me I looked beautiful, but the thought disappeared quickly. I had long since made my peace with Mum's passing, and wouldn't allow anything to make me feel sad on this day.

Instead, I did my own hair, and zipped up my own dress. I told myself that I looked pretty.

And then, finally, I walked up to the altar on my own, where Leon was waiting for me.

BG2C15P6

We had paid good money to set up our own little wedding arch and seating for the guests. It was amazing how much money you could spend simply on borrowing stuff for one day! All of it had set us back a bit financially, but Leon and I were doing so well that we weren't worried about money any more. We knew we'd have the money back in no time.

Caelan didn't come. I had no idea what could keep a self-employed writer from attending his sister's wedding, but I was angry with him. The only thing making up for it at least a little was that both Connor and Danielle had made it, which cheered me up instantly.

BG2C15P7

I felt the teary eyes of our guests on me as I started reciting my vows. "Leon Parker, when you asked me out to prom I only saw you as a friend. However, that night changed everything. You were so caring and so careful to make me happy that night, that you became more than a friend to me. Since we were children you have treated me like the most amazing person in this world, and I am sorry that it had taken me so long to feel for you in the same way. If you will allow me, I will make up for it in every way that I can until death do us part." My mouth was forming the words I love you but no sound would come out. I had done my best writing my vows myself, which hadn't been easy for me. I had never been very romantic, but felt that I had done a good job.

BG2C15P8

I was already crying by the time Leon started his vows, but hearing his affectionate voice only made it worse.  "Oh, Ebony Blackwood. I can't believe it has taken me this long to propose to you and make you mine. Living with you, being with you, has made me very happy so far, and I don't doubt for one second that you will continue to make me happy effortlessly. It seems so easy for you, and I will try my best to make you as happy as you make me, 'til death do us part. I love you." He slid the ring on my shaking finger,and held my hand for the tiniest of seconds before letting go and leaning in for the last part of the ceremony.

BG2C15P9

Our first kiss as husband and wife was the most magical and beautiful experience. I could hear clapping and sniffing coming from our friends, and couldn't help a huge smile from spreading as his lips found mine. I was still crying, but I was laughing, and I was enjoying every second.

BG2CH15P10

After the cake had been cut, mostly eaten, and our guests had left we continued our own private celebration in the bedroom.

I was half wishing that we had waited until this moment, but it was too late now and it didn't really matter. It was fantastic, anyway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be longer ;) Accept this photo of Ebony looking really pretty  as my apology:

BG2C15EXTRA

Wishes fulfilled:

Throw a bachelorette party
Marry Leon
Talk to Tess

2 comments:

  1. Awww!!! I hope they wish for kids soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the next chapter, which is planned for today, will satisfy your curiosity ;)

      Delete